Fundamental absorption and band gap of glasses S87-2, S78-4, S78-5
O.O. Molokanova1, A.M. Karmokov1, O.A. Molokanov1, M.M. Karmokov1, A.I. Khasanov2, A.Kh. Dyshekova1
1 Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
2 Chechen State University named after A.A. Kadyrov
Abstract: In special glasses for electronic technology of brands S87-2, S78-4 and S78-5, the effect of thermal processes on the spectra of optical absorption in the wavelength range from 200 to 1100 nm was investigated. Glasses were studied both in the initial state and after annealing at various thermodynamic conditions: in an atmosphere of natural air and in vacuum at temperatures of 400 and 500°С, as well as in flow-through hydrogen at a temperature of 400°С. The influence of the medium, temperature and annealing time on the dispersion dependences of the absorption of the studied glasses was established. It was found that the time of absorption by some glass components has a significant effect on the own absorption of annealing in hydrogen. The edge of the fundamental absorption is determined and the width of the prohibited zone of the resulting nanocrystalline phases is estimated. The width of the prohibited zone of the nanocrystalline phases formed during the annealing of samples at high temperature, according to the results of optical measurements, is from 2,0 to 3,7 eV.
Keywords: glasses, intrinsic absorption, nanocrystal, band gap
- Olga O. Molokanova – Ph. D., Senior Lecturer of the Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
- Akhmed M. Karmokov – Dr. Sc., Professor of the Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
- Oleg A. Molokanov – Ph. D., Scientific Supervisor of the Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
- Mukhamed M. Karmokov – Ph. D., Docent of the Applied Mathematics and Informatics Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
- Aslambek I. Khasanov – Ph. D., Head of the of Physical Electronics Department, Chechen State University named after A.A. Kadyrov
- Aminat Kh. Dyshekova – Ph. D., Docent of the Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov
Molokanova, O.O. Fundamental absorption and band gap of glasses S87-2, S78-4, S78-5 / O.O. Molokanova, A.M. Karmokov, O.A. Molokanov, M.M. Karmokov, A.I. Khasanov, A.Kh. Dyshekova // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2023. — I. 15. — P. 189-195. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2023.15.189. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Bzheumikhov K.A., Margushev Z.Ch., Savoysky Yu.V., Makarov E.N. Effektivnost' spektral'nogo preobrazovaniya femtosekundnykh lazernykh impul'sov v mikrostrukturirovannykh voloknakh iz svintsovosilikatnykh stekol [Efficiency of spectral conversion of femtosecond laser pulses in microstructured lead-silicate glass fibers], Izvestiya Kabardino-Balkarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN [News of the Kabardin-Balkar scientific center of RAS], 2013, issue 6-1, pp. 13-20. (In Russian).
2. Bzheumikhov K.A., Margushev Z.C., Savoiskii Y.V. Analysis of the temperature dependence of the spectral characteristics for the hollow-core photonic-crystal fibers, Technical Physics, 2013, vol. 58, issue 7, pp. 1052-1055. DOI: 10.1134/S1063784213070037.
3. Kanunnikova O.M. Atomnoe stroenie i fiziko-khimicheskie prevrashcheniya v tonkikh sloyakh svintsovosilikatnykh stekol pri vneshnikh vozdejstviyakh [Atomic structure and physicochemical transformations in thin layers of lead-silicate glasses under external influences], Dr. phys.-math. sci. diss. abstr.: 01.04.17, Izhevsk, FTI Ural Branch of RAS, 2008, 35 p.
4. Kanunnikova O.M., Goncharov O.Yu. X-ray photoelectron analysis of lead-silicate glass structure, Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 2009, vol. 76, issue 2, pp. 194-202. DOI: 10.1007/s10812-009-9164-4.
5. Goncharov O.Yu., Kanunnikova O.M. Vosstanovlenie mnogokomponentnykh silikatnykh stekol PbO-BaONa2O-Al2O3-SiO2 v vodorode pri nagreve [Reduction of the multicomponent silicate glasses PbO-BaO-Na2OAl2O3-SiO2 under heating in hydrogen], Khimicheskaya fizika i mezoskopiya [Chemical Physics and Mezoscopy], 2008, vol 10, no. 4, pp. 482-488. (In Russian).
6. Karmokov A.M., Molokanov O.A., Molokanova O.O., Shomakhov Z.V. Stabilizing the electrical properties of glasses used in vacuum electronics, Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics, 2018, vol. 82, issue 7, pp. 850-852. DOI: 10.3103/S1062873818070250.
7. Shomakhov Z.V., Karmokov A.M., Molokanov O.A. et al. Diffusion in S78-5 glass under the effect of electric current at high temperatures, Russian Physics Journal, 2019, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 805-809. DOI: 10.1007/s11182-019-01781-1.
8. Shalimova K.V. Fizika poluprovodnikov [Physics of semiconductors], Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1985, 392 p. (In Russian).
9. Karmokov A.M., Shomakhov Z.V., Molokanov O.A., Molokanova O.O. Issledovanie elektroprovodnosti stekla S78-5 v protsesse obrazovaniya i rosta nanokristallov [Study of the electrical conductivity of S78-5 glass during the formation and growth of nanocrystals], Fizika poverkhnostnykh yavlenij, mezhfaznykh granits i fazovye perekhody: trudy simpoziuma, [Proceedings of the symposium «Physics of surface phenomena, interphase boundaries and phase transitions»], Nalchik, September 17-21, 2013, Nalchik, HM. Berbekov Kabardino-Balkarian State University, 2013, pp. 107-109. (In Russian).
10. Kulov S.K., Molokanova O.O., Molokanov O.A. et al. Crystalline phases and surface morphology of the lead-silicate glasses for micro-channel, Izvestiya Kabardino-Balkarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN [News of the Kabardin-Balkar scientific center of RAS], 2008, no. 5 (25), pp. 114-119. (In Russian).
11 Molokanova O.O., Shomakhov Z.V., Shirokova S.P. et al. Korrelyatsiya fazovykh prevrashchenij i opticheskikh svojstv v steklakh dlya MKP [Correlation of phase transformations and optical properties in glasses for MCP], II Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya «Mikro- i nanotekhnologii v elektronike» [Materials of the International Scientific and Technical Conference «Micro- and nanotechnologies in electronics»], Nalchik, Semtember 21-27, 2009, Nalchik, KBSU Publ., 2009, pp. 68-70. (In Russian).
12. Shomakhov Z.V., Karmokov A.M., Molokanov O.A. et al. Investigations of crystalline phases in glasses under various annealing conditions, Nano Hybrids and Composites, 2020, vol. 28, pp. 14-19. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/NHC.28.14.
13. Fizicheskie velichiny: Spravochnik [Physical Quantities: Handbook], ed. by I.S. Grigoriev, E.Z. Meilikhov. Moscow: Energoatomizdat Publ., 1991, 1232 p. (In Russian).
14. Gorshkov A.I., Gribanov E.N., Oskotskaya E.R. Sintez submikrochastits SrO i BaO metodom termicheskogorazlozheniya aerozolej [Synthesis of SrO and BaO submicroparticles by the method of thermal decomposition of aerosols], Kondensirovannye sredy i mezhfaznye granitsy [Condensed Matter and Interphases], 2018, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 574-580. (In Russian).
15. Chibisov A.N. Teoreticheskie issledovaniya vliyaniya defektov na elektronnye i strukturnye svojstva kislorodsoderzhashchikh nanorazmernykh materialov [Theoretical studies of the influence of defects on the electronic and structural properties of oxygen-containing nano-sized materials], Dr. phys.-math. sci. diss. abstr.: 01.04.07. – Khabarovsk, Computing Center of the Far Eastern Branch of the RAS, 2020, 35 p. (In Russian).