Polymerization by interaction α-haloacrylic acids with tertiary amines
Yu.A. Malkanduev1, A.A. Kokoevа1, A.T. Dzhalilov2
1 Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H.M. Berbekov
2 Tashkent Research Institute of Chemical Technology
Abstract: The results of spontaneous polymerization of α -chloroacrylic and α -bromoacrylic acids with tertiary amines at a low temperature are presented. As a result of spontaneous polymerization during the interaction of α -halodacrylic acids with tertiary amines, polymers containing quaternary ammonium groups are formed. In order to confirm this assumption, nuclear magnetic resonance and infrared spectroscopic studies of the products of the spontaneous polymerization were carried out. Spontaneous polymerization proceeds, consisting of two stages: the quaternization reaction and the polymerization reaction. The kinetic regularities of the polymerization reaction were studied and it was shown that the quaternization reaction, which is the limiting stage of the spontaneous polymerization process, proceeds according to the SN2–mechanism. It has described the first attempts to obtain new nanocomposite materials based on synthesized copolymers and modified montmorillonite. Analysis of the literature data shows that the features of the preparation of nanocomposites based on Na+–montmorillonite and water-soluble copolymers have not been previously studied.
Keywords: polyelectrolytes, chloroacrylic acid, bromoacrylic acid, spontaneous polymerization, polymerization kinetics, quaternary ammonium salts, composite
- Yusuf A. Malkanduev – Dr. Sc., Professor, Department of Organic Chemistry and High Molecular Compounds, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H.M. Berbekov
- Aneta A. Kokoevа – Ph. D., Research and Innovation Management Employee, Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H.M. Berbekov
- Аbdulakhat T. Dzhalilov – Dr. Sc., Professor, Director, Tashkent Research Institute of Chemical Technology
Malkanduev, Yu.A. Polymerization by interaction α-haloacrylic acids with tertiary amines / Yu.A. Malkanduev, A.A. Kokoevа, A.T. Dzhalilov // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. – Tver: TSU, 2021. — I. 13. — P. 890-899. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2021.13.890. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Dzhalilov A.T., Malkanduev Yu.A., Mikitaev A.K. Sintez i svojstva reaktsionnosposobnykh polimerov [Synthesis and properties of reactive polymer]. Moscow, Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia Publ., 2011, 282 p. (In Russian).
2. Kirsh Yu.E. Poli–N–vinilpirrolidon i drugie poli–N–vinilamidy [Poly–N–vinylpyrrolidone and other poly–N–vinyl amides]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1998, 252 p. (In Russian).
3. Malkanduev Yu.A., Kokoeva A.A. Issledovanie opticheskikh svojstv vodorastvorimykh elektrolitov na osnove α–aminokislot [Investigation of optical properties of water-soluble electrolytes based on α–amino acids], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2020, issue 12, pp. 637-643. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.637. (In Russian).
4. Dryabina S.S., Malysheva Zh.N., Navrotskii A.V., Novakov I.A. Regulirovanie ustoichivosti vodnykh dispersii kationnymi poliehlektrolitami [Regulation of the stability of aqueous dispersions by cationic polyelectrolytes], Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Volgograd State Technical University], 2019, no. 12 (235), pp. 43-59. (In Russian).
5. Vorob'eva A.I., Prochukhan Yu.A., Monakov Yu.B. Free-radical polymerization of allyl compounds, Polymer Science. Series C, 2003, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1-16.
6. Kokoeva A.A., Begieva M.B., Malkanduev Yu.A., Dokshukina M.A. Konduktometricheskii metod opredeleniya ehlektroprovodnosti rastvorov poliehlektrolitov [Conductometric method for determining the conductivity of polyelectrolyte solutions], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2019, issue 11, pp. 177-183.DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2019.11.177. (In Russian).
7. Grishin D.F., Pavlovskaya M.V., Sazonova E.V. [Synthesis of polyvinyl chloride and its copolymers in presence of carbonyl complexes of iron], Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii, Seriya Khimiya i Khimicheskaya Tekhnologiya [Russian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Technology], 2014, vol. 57, issue 8. pp. 56-63. (In Russian).
8. Gorbunova M.N. Copolymerization of N –vinylpyrrolidone with new allyl monomers, Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2010, vol. 83, issue 8, pp. 1429-1434. DOI: 10.1134/S1070427210080203.
9. Martin D., Cirstea E., Ighigeanu D. et al. Polyelectrolytes derived from electron beam-induced polymerization, Vacuum, 2005, vol. 77, issue 4, pp. 475-484. DOI: 10.1016/j.vacuum.2004.09.007.
10. Al'mova A.A., Begieva M.B., Kharaev A.M., Sivov N.A., Malkanduev Yu.A. N, N – diallilaminoehtanovaya kislota i polimery na ee osnove [N, N– diallylaminoethanoic acid and polymers based on it], Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. Severo-Kavkazskij region. Estestvennye nauki [Bulletin of higher education institutes. North Caucasus region. Natural sciences], 2012, no. 3, pp. 53-58. (In Russian).
11. Malkanduev Yu.A., Begieva M.B., Kokoevа A.A. et al. Khimicheskie prevrashcheniya sopolimerov α–galoidov akrilovoj kisloty s N –vinilpirrolidonom [Chemical transformations of copolymers of acrylic acid α –haloid with N –vinylpyrrolidone], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2020, issue 12, pp. 845-852. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.845. (In Russian).
12. Safaev U.A., Khodjaev Sh.F., Safaev F.U. Synthesis and use of polymeric quaternary salt of dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate with allyl chloroacetate, European Applied Sciences (Germany, Stuttgart), 2015, no. 7, pp. 70-73.
13. Zhang K., Monteiro M.J., Jia Z. Stable organic radical polymers: synthesis and applications, Polymer Chemistry, 2016, vol. 7, issue 36, pp. 5589-5614. DOI: 10.1039/C6PY00996D.
14. Kargin V.A., Kabanov V.A., Kargina O.V. Polimerizatsiya 4-vinilpiridina na polistirolsul'fokislote [Polymerization of 4-vinylpyridine on polystyrene sulfonic acid], Doklady AN SSSR [Reports of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR], 1965, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 1131-1134. (In Russian).