Kinetics aspect of hydrochemical fluorination of silicon-containing industrial waste
I.S. Medyankina, V.M. Skachkov, L.A. Pasechnik
Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Abstract: A method for producing amorphous silica from the enrichment wastes of low-titanium vanadium containing titanomagnetites of JSC «EVRAZ ZSMK» – wet magnetic separation tailings is proposed. The use of a NH4HF2 solution makes it possible to practically selectively extract silicon into the solution in the form of ammonium hexafluorosilicate. The extraction of silicon with 1,0–2,5 wt.% NH4HF2 solution for 6 hours reached 46 %. The diffusion process of the silicon extraction is described by the kinetic equation 1–(1–α)1/3=0,0043·exp(–5230 / RT)·τ. Amorphous silica obtained by the sol-gel method from a fluoride silicon-containing solution has a highly developed surface 320 m2/g, the particle size calculated from the average density of «white carbon black» is of 10 nm. The increase in concentration to 20 wt. % NH4HF2 leads to the rise of the silicon solubility and of other tailings components, which are unwanted impurities in the final product. In general, it is shown that the hydrochemical leaching of silicon-containing industrial waste – tailings with weak solutions of ammonium hydrofluoride is promising for the synthesis of pure amorphous silica.
Keywords: wet magnetic separation tailings, amorphous silica, ammonium hydrofluoride, fluorination, kinetics of the process
- Irina S. Medyankina – postgraduate student, Junior Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
- Vladimir M. Skachkov – Ph. D., Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
- Liliya A. Pasechnik – Ph. D., Leading Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Medyankina, I.S. Kinetics aspect of hydrochemical fluorination of silicon-containing industrial waste / I.S. Medyankina, V.M. Skachkov, L.A. Pasechnik // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2021. — I. 13. — P. 900-909. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2021.13.900. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Sovremennye tekhnologii pererabotki tekhnogennogo syr'ya [Modern technologies for processing technogenic raw materials], ed. by K.V. Bulatov, G.I. Gazaleeva. Ekaterinburg, Ural'skij Rabochij Publ., 2019. 200 p. (In Russian).
2. Han F., Song S., Liu J., Huang S. Properties of steam-cured precast concrete containing iron tailing powder, Powder Technology, 2019, vol. 345, pp. 292-299. DOI: 10.1016/j.powtec.2019.01.007.
3. Liu S., Li Q., Song J. Study on the grinding kinetics of copper tailing powder, Powder Technology, 2018, vol. 330, pp. 105-113. DOI: 10.1016/j.powtec.2018.02.025.
4. Das S.K., Kumar S., Ramachandrarao P. Exploitation of iron ore tailing for the development of ceramic tiles, Waste Management, 2000, vol. 20, issue 8, pp. 725-729. DOI: 10.1016/S0956-053X(00)00034-9.
5. Augusto T.M., Chagas P., Sangiorge D.L. et al. Iron ore tailings as catalysts for oxidation of the drug paracetamol and dyes by heterogeneous, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2018, vol. 6, issue 5, pp. 6545-6553. DOI: 10.1016/j.jece.2018.09.052.
6. Galvão J.L.B., Andrade H.D., Brigolini G.J. et al. Reuse of iron ore tailings from tailings dams as pigment for sustainable paints, Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, vol. 200, pp. 412-422. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.07.313.
7. Nazharova L.N., Galimbekova D.I. Poluchenie mikrochastic «beloj sazhi» iz kislykh zolej [The obtaining of fine colloidal silica from acidic sols], Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta [Kazan Technological University Bulletin], 2010, no. 8, pp. 284-287. (In Russian).
8. Mel'nichenko E.I. Ftoridnaya pererabotka redkometall'nykh rud Dal'nego Vostoka [Fluoride processing of rare metal ores of the Far East]. Vladivostok, Dal'nauka Publ., 2002, 268 p. (In Russian).
9. Ahmetov T.G. Khimicheskaya tekhnologiya neorganicheskikh veshchestv [Сhemical technology of inorganic substances]. Moscow, Vysshaja shkola Publ., 2002, 534 p. (In Russian).
10. Medyankina I.S., Pasechnik L.A. Synthesis of nanosized silica from industrial waste and its characteristics, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2020, vol. 2313, issue 1, pp. 050020-1- 050020-6. DOI: 10.1063/5.0032199.