Features of crystallization Ag-Au alloy nanocusters
Yu.Ya. Gafner, D.A. Ryzhkova, S.L. Gafner, A.A. Cherepovskaya
Katanov Khakass State University
Abstract: In the production of SERS (surface enhanced Raman scattering) substrates, two mainapproaches to the formation of an array of plasmonic nanoparticles are used: photolithography and chemical methods. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Vacuum thermal evaporation can also be used. It was chosen for analysis by computer simulation. For this, molecular dynamics simulation of the processes of crystallization of an array of binary Ag-Au nanoparticles was used, which makes it possible to smoothly control the plasmon resonance wavelength. Three arrays of Ag-Au NPs with a diameter of 2,0; 4,0 and 6,0 nm of various target compositions from Ag90Au10 to Ag50Au50 were created. They were subjected to the procedure of cooling from the melt with different rates of the thermal energy removal. In the course of modeling the formation of the internal structure of Ag-Au nanoparticles, conclusions were drawn about the dependence of these processes on the target composition, size, and level of thermal exposure. Based on the regularities obtained, adjustments were made to the technological process of creating SERS substrates using binary Ag-Au nanoparticles.
Keywords: nanoclusters, silver, gold, crystallization, structure, computer simulation, tight-binding
- Yury Ya. Gafner – Dr. Sc., Professor, Chief of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Information Technology, Katanov Khakass State University
- Daria A. Ryzhkova – 3rd year postgraduate student, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Information Technology, Katanov Khakass State University
- Svetlana L. Gafner – Dr. Sc., Docent, Professor of the Department of Mathematics,Physics and Information Technology, Katanov Khakass State University
- Arina A. Cherepovskaya – 5 rd year student, Department of Mathematics, Physics and Information Technology, Katanov Khakass State University
Gafner, Yu.Ya. Features of crystallization Ag-Au alloy nanocusters / Yu.Ya. Gafner, D.A. Ryzhkova, S.L. Gafner, A.A. Cherepovskaya // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2023. — I. 15. — P. 387-394. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2023.15.387. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Gromov D.G., Dubkov S.V., Savitskiy A.I. et. al. Optimization of nanostructures based on Au, Ag, Au-Ag nanoparticles formed by thermal evaporation in vacuum for SERS applications, Applied Surface Science, 2019, vol. 489, pp. 701-707. DOI: 10.1016/j. apsusc.2019.05.286.
2. Ryzhkova D.A., GafnerYu.Ya. Termicheskaya stabil'nost' stroeniya malykh GTsK-magicheskikh razmerov klasterov serebra s nachal'noj amorfnoj konfiguratsiej [Thermal stability of small fcc-magic size silver clusters structure with the initial amorphous configuration], Fiziko-himicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials],2020, issue 12, pp. 486-492. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.486. (In Russian).
3. Retout M., Jabin I., Bruylants G. Synthesis of ultrastable and bioconjugable Ag, Au, and bimetallic Ag-Au nanoparticles coated with calixarenes, ACS Omega, 2021, vol. 6, issue 30, pp. 19675-19684. DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.1c02327.
4. Gromov D.G., Mel’nikov I.V., Savitskii A.I. et al. Optical spectroscopy of arrays of bimetallic Ag-Au nanoparticles obtained by vacuum thermal evaporation, Technical Physics Letters, 2017, vol. 43, issue3, pp. 235-237. DOI: 10.1134/S1063785017030087.
5. Cleri F., RosatoV. Tight binding potentials for transition metals and alloys, Physical Review B, 1993, vol. 48, issue 1, pp. 22-33. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.48.22.
6. Verlet L. Computer «experiments» on classical fluids. I. Thermodynamical properties of Lennard-Jones molecules, Physical Review, 1967, vol. 159, issue 1, pp. 98-103. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRev.159.98.
7. Stukowski A. Visualization and analysis of atomistic simulation data with OVITO – the open visualization tool, Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 2010, vol. 18, no. 1, art. no. 015012, 7 p. DOI: 10.1088/0965-0393/18/1/015012.
8. XMakemol - A program for visualizing atomic and molecular systems. Available at: www.url: https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/xmakemol.1.html. (accessed 15.04.2023).
9. Bashkova D.A., GafnerYu.Ya., Gafner S. L., Redel L. V. Primenenie nanochastits serebra v kachestve yacheek fazo-izmenyaemoj pamyati [Use of silver nanoparticles as the cells of PCM memory], Fundamental'nye problem sovremennogo materialovedeniya [Fundamental problems of modern materials science], 2018, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 313-319. DOI: 10.25712/ASTU.1811-1416.2018.03.001.
10. Gafner Yu., Gafner S., Redel L., Zamulin I. Dual structural transition in small nanoparticles of Cu-Au alloy, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2018, vol. 20, issue 2, art.no. 51, 14 p. DOI: 10.1007/s11051-018-4161-2.
11. Gafner Y.Y., Gafner S.L., Golovenko Z.V. Analiz raspredeleniya po razmeru binarnykh nanochastits Cu-Au pri sinteze iz gazovoj sredy [Analysis of the size distribution of binary Cu-Au nanoparticles during synthesis from a gaseous medium], Pis'ma o materialakh [Materials Letters], 2020, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 33-37. DOI: 10.22226/2410-3535-2020-1-33-37. (In Russian).
12. Chui Y.H., Grochola G., Snook I.K., Russo S.P. Molecular dynamics investigation of the structural and thermodynamic properties of gold nanoclusters of different morphologies, Physical Review B, 2007, vol. 75, issue 3, pp. 033404-1-033404-4. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.75.033404.