Synthesis and study of the structure of lanthanum (III) compounds and cerium (III) with aspartic acid 1080
V.A. Shkrumeliak, O.A. Golovanova
Dostoevsky Omsk State University
Abstract: A significant part of modern research is devoted to synthesis and study of the structure of compounds of rare earth elements with bioligands – these are those ligands that participate in biochemical processes. Compounds of rare earth elements with amino acids are of particular interest to study, since they are the most important bioligands, natural nanoscale molecules. In the course of the work, compounds of lanthanum (III) and cerium (III) with aspartic acid were synthesized. White crystalline precipitates were obtained for the «La-Asp» (1:2) and «Ce-Asp» (1:3) systems. With the help of optical microscopy, the fundamental difference between the crystals of synthesized compounds (in shape and size) from the crystals of the starting substances used for synthesis is proved. The results of IR-Fourier spectroscopy showed that metal ions interact with the carboxyl group of aspartic acid. The results obtained during the spectrophotometric analysis of the filler fluid for the «La-Asp» system (1:2) made it possible to simulate the spatial structure of this compound taking into account the amount of aspartic acid bound to lanthanum (III) ions. The synthesized compounds are promising for their further use in medicine.
Keywords: rare earth elements, complex compounds of lanthanum (III) and cerium (III), amino acids, aspartic acid, ligands
- Valeriia A. Shkrumeliak – 3rd year student, Inorganic Chemistry Department, Dostoevsky Omsk State University
- Olga A. Golovanova – Dr. Sc., Professor, Head of the Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Dostoevsky Omsk State University
Shkrumeliak, V.A. Synthesis and study of the structure of lanthanum (III) compounds and cerium (III) with aspartic acid 1080 / V.A. Shkrumeliak, O.A. Golovanova // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2023. — I. 15. — P. 1080-1089. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2023.15.1080. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Chekman I.S., Syrovaya A.O., Novikova I.V. et al. Aminokisloty – nanorazmernye molekuly: klinikolaboratornye issledovaniya [Amino acids are nanosized molecules: clinical and laboratory studies], Kiev, Kharkov, Shchedra Usadba Publ., 2014, 154 p. (In Russian).
2. Zeng J., Huang H., Liu S. et al. Hollow nanosphere fabricated from β-cyclodextrin-grafted α,β-poly(aspartic acid) as the carrier of camptothecin, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013, vol. 105, pp. 120-127. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2012.12.024.
3. Krivonogikh T.S. Termodinamika reaktsij smeshannoligandnogo kompleksoobrazovaniya etilendiamintetraatsetatov lantanoidov s aminokarboksilatnymi ligandami v vodnom rastvore [Thermodynamics of mixed-ligand complexation reactions of lanthanide ethylenediaminetetraacetates with aminocarboxylate ligands in aqueous solution], Cand. chem. sci. diss.: 02.00.04, Ivanovo, ISU Publ., 2013, 105 p. (In Russian).
4. Ponomarev A.P. Shungitovye porody kak istochnik redkozemel'nykh ul'tramikroelementov – lantanoidov [Shungite rocks as a source of rare-earth ultramicroelements – lantoids], Mikroehlementy v meditsine [Trace Elements in Medicine], 2019, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 55-65. DOI: 10.19112/2413-6174-2019-20-2-55-65. (In Russian).
5. Hutchison A.J., Speake M., Al-Baaj F. Reducing high phosphate levels in patients with chronic renal failure undergoing dialysis: a 4-week, dose-finding, open-label study with lanthanum carbonate, Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2004, vol. 19, issue 7, pp. 1902-1906. DOI: 10.1093/ndt/gfh282.
6. Shigematsu T. Three-year extension study of lanthanum carbonate therapy in Japanese hemodialysis patients, Clinical and Experimental Nephrology, 2010, vol. 14, issue 6, pp. 589-597. DOI: 10.1007/s10157-010-0339-3.
7. Noto L. Lanthanum carbonate provides control of phosphorus levels in patients new to phosphate binder therapy and patients changed from other phosphate binders, Journal of Renal Nutrition, 2011, vol. 21, issue 3, pp. 277-282. DOI: 10.1053/j.jrn.2010.04.007.
8. Bishimbaev V.K., Nazarbekova S.P., Sarypbekova N.K. et al. Kompleksnoe soedinenie lantana (III), proyavlyayushchee protivoopukholevuyu aktivnost [A complex compound of lanthanum (III), showing antitumor activity]. Patent Kazakhstan, no 20994, 2009. (In Russian).
9. Maslova S.A., Bazhukova I.N., Myshkina A.V. et al. Physicochemical properties and antioxidant activity of maltodextrin-coated cerium oxide nanoparticles, Physics of the Solid State, 2022, vol. 64, issue 14, pp. 2253-2260. DOI: 10.21883/PSS.2022.14.54325.20s.
10. Kuliev A.D., Bagieva M.R. Raznoligandnye vnutrikompleksnye soedineniya ceriya (III) s glicinom i 8- oksihinolinom [Different ligand intracomplex compounds of cerium (III) with glycine and 8-oxyquinoline], Internauka: elektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal [Internauka: electronic scientific journal], 2022, no. 27 (250). Available at: https://internauka.org/journal/science/internauka/250 (accessed 01.05.2023). DOI: 10.32743/26870142.2022.27.250.344038. (In Russian).
11. Novikova G.V. Sintez i fiziko-khimicheskie kharakteristiki kompleksov 6s2 - i ndm - ionov metallov s aminokislotami [Synthesis and physico-chemical characteristics of complexes of 6s2 - and ndm - metal ions with amino acids], Cand. chem. sci. diss.: 02.00.01, Krasnoyarsk, KSU Publ., 2006, 133 p. (In Russian).