Morphology and composition of the interface boundary of sodium chloride single crystals with lead
A.Kh.. Dyshekova1, A.M. Karmokov1, A.I. Khasanov2, R.M. Kalmykov1, Z.V. Shomakhov1
1 Kabardino-Balkarian State University of H.M. Berbekov
2 Chechen State University of A.A.Kadyrov
Abstract: The interface between liquid lead and sodium chloride after cooling and breaking the contact was investigated by the electron microscopy and X-ray spectral analysis. Accumulation of surface-active impurities, contained both in the bulk of lead and in sodium chloride was found on the fracture surface of the samples. As shown by the results of the X-ray diffraction analysis, the content of impurities on the surface of the sodium chloride substrate exceeds the bulk content by several orders of magnitude. A significant accumulation of silicon and indium impurities is also observed on the lead surface. Anisotropy of spreading of liquid lead over the surface of sodium chloride monocrystals is observed in the studied samples. The separation line of a solidified lead droplet on the surface of sodium chloride with orientation (110) deviates noticeably from a circle. In addition, on the electron microscopic image of the lead interface after detachment from the substrate of sodium chloride of orientation (110), there are areas in the form of a «cigar», in which the accumulation of impurities was detected. The orientation of these regions coincides with the crystallographic direction of the substrate.
Keywords: lead, sodium chloride, electron microscopy, interface, X-ray spectral analysis
- Aminat Kh.. Dyshekova – Ph. D., Docent, Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University of H.M. Berbekov
- Ahmed M. Karmokov – Dr Sc.., Professor, Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University of H.M. Berbekov
- Aslambek I. Khasanov – Ph. D., Docent, Physical Electronics Department, Chechen State University of A.A.Kadyrov
- Rustam M. Kalmykov – Ph. D., Docent, Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University of H.M. Berbekov
- Zamir V. Shomakhov – Ph. D., Docent, Electronics and Digital Information Technologies Department, Kabardino-Balkarian State University of H.M. Berbekov
Dyshekova, A.Kh.. Morphology and composition of the interface boundary of sodium chloride single crystals with lead / A.Kh.. Dyshekova, A.M. Karmokov, A.I. Khasanov, R.M. Kalmykov, Z.V. Shomakhov // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2021. — I. 13. — P. 115-122. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2021.13.115. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Voevodin V.N. Konstruktsionnye materialy yadernoj energetiki – vyzov 21 veka [Structural materials of nuclear power – challenge to 21 century], Voprosy atomnoj nauki i tekhniki. Seriya: Fizika radiatsionnykh povrezhdenij i radiatsionnoe materialovedenie (90) [Problems of Atomic Science and Technology. Series: Physics of radiation damage and radiation materials science (90)], 2007, issue 2, pp. 10-22. (In Russian).
2. Kozin L.F., Morachevsky A.G. Fiziko-khimiya i metallurgiya vysokochistogo svintsa [Physical chemistry and metallurgy of high-purity lead]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1991, 224 p. (In Russian).
3. Karmokov A.M., Dyshekova A.Kh., Molokanov O.A., Nagoev B.N. Issledovanie mezhfaznogo vzaimodejstviya zhidkogo svintsa s shchelochno-galoidnymi kristallami [The investigation of interphase interaction of lead liquid with alkali-halide crystals], Kondensirovannye sredy i mezhfaznye granitsy [Condensed Matter and Interphases], 2012, vol. 14, issue 1, pp. 29-32. (In Russian).
4. Dyshekova A.Kh., Karmokov A.M. Mezhfaznoe vzaimodejstvie rasplava svintsa s monokristallom NaCl oriyentatsii (100) , (110) i (111) [Interphase interaction liquid of lead with monocrystal NaCl (100) , (110) , (111) ], Izvestiya Kabardino-Balkarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Proceeding of the Kabardino-Balkarian state university], 2011. vol. I, issue 2, pp. 93-96. (In Russian).
5. Nizhenko V.I., Flock L.I.. Poverkhnostnoe natyazhenie zhidkikh metallov i splavov [Surface tension of liquid metals and alloys]. Moscow, Metallurgiya Publ., 1981, 208 p. (In Russian).
6. Rusanov A.I. Surface thermodynamics revisited, Surface Science Reports, 2005, vol. 58, pp. 111-239. DOI: 10.1016/j.surfrep.2005.08.002.
7. Zadumkin S.N., Khokonov Kh.B., Karamurzov B.S., Alchagirov B.B., Taova T.M. Fizika mezhfaznykh yavleniy v kondensirovannykh sredakh [Physics of interphase phenomena in condensed media]. Nalchik, Kabardino-Balkarian State University Publ., 2014, 246 p. (In Russian).