Influence of defects on magnetic characteristics of ferrite-garnet films
A.I. Ivanova1, E.M. Semenova1, G.G. Dunaeva1, S.V. Ovcharenko2, S.A. Tretyakov1, A.D. Zigert1
1 Tver State University
2 MIREA – Russian Technological University
Abstract: This paper presents a study of the effect of volumetric (bulk) defects associated with the local mechanical damage and thermal laser action on the domain structure and magnetic characteristics of epitaxial bismuth-containing garnet-ferrite Bi : FG magnetic films. It was found that uniaxial Bi : FG films are resistant to bulk defects, the size of which does not exceed the width of the film domains. It is shown that the considered bulk film defects affect the process of the film magnetization, the form of the magnetization curves, the magnitude of the coercive force and the ratio of the displacement field to the coercive force. Effect of femtosecond laser pulses exposure with a power density of 800 J/cm2 on the coercivity of film was found. The 4-fold increase of the coercive field near a defect is discovered (from 0,33 Oe to 1,44 Oe).
Keywords: magnetic films, ferrite garnets, bulk defects, domain structure, coercivity
- Alexandra I. Ivanova – Ph. D., Docent of the Applied Physic Department, Tver State University
- Elena M. Semenova – Ph. D., Docent of the Condensed Matter Physic Department, Tver State University
- Galina G. Dunaeva – Master of Science, Condensed Matter Physic Department, Tver State University
- Sergey V. Ovcharenko – postgraduate student of Department of Nanoelectronics, MIREA – Russian Technological University
- Sergey A. Tretyakov – Ph. D., Senior Lecturer of the Applied Physic Department, Tver State University
- Alexandr D. Zigert – Assistant of the Applied Physic Department, Tver State University
Ivanova, A.I. Influence of defects on magnetic characteristics of ferrite-garnet films / A.I. Ivanova, E.M. Semenova, G.G. Dunaeva, S.V. Ovcharenko, S.A. Tretyakov, A.D. Zigert // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2020. — I. 12. — P. 103-112. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.103. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file⇐ Prevoius journal article | Content | Next journal article ⇒