Synthesis of aluminosilicate zeolites in the conditions of alumina production
The Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Abstract: The work is devoted to study of the possibility of obtaining synthetic sodium and calcium aluminosilicates from recycled solutions of alumina production by the hydro-alkaline method. The chemical qualitative and quantitative composition and morphology of zeolites obtained under conditions of high-temperature autoclave leaching have been studied. X-ray phase studies aimed at determining the composition and structure of the obtained aluminosilicate zeolites were carried out. The prospects of the method of the autoclave synthesis of synthetic zeolites with a high yield of the final product with the particle size up to 5 microns are shown. It has been established that the method allows the production of zeolites in parallel with the technological scheme of bauxite processing at an alumina plant, while minimally weighing down the production process. The resulting aluminosilicate zeolite has a wide range of applications in various industries. According to the results of the research, 2 applications for invention patents were filed.
Keywords: circulating solution, zeolite, calcium aluminosilicate, processing, calcium oxide, alumina production
- Svetlana A. Bibanaeva – Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, The Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Bibanaeva, S.A. Synthesis of aluminosilicate zeolites in the conditions of alumina production / S.A. Bibanaeva // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2022. — I. 14. — P. 747-753. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2022.14.747. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Cundy C.S., Cox P.A. The hydrothermal synthesis of zeolites: Precursors, intermediates and reaction mechanism, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2005, vol. 82, issue 1-2, pp. 1-78. DOI: 10.1016/j.micromeso.2005.02.016.
2. Wang Z., Yu J., Xu R. Needs and trends in rational synthesis of zeolitic materials, Chemical Society Reviews, 2012, vol. 41, issue 5, pp. 1729-1741. DOI: 10.1039/c1cs15150a.
3. Mishra C. Production of novel zeolite of type Na-P from sodium aluminate liquor/spent liquor/alumina tri-hydrate of NALCO's alumina refinery, Damanjodi, Orissa, Indla: a unique material for detergent formulation, Proceedings of the technical sessions presented by the TMS Aluminum Committee at the TMS 2012 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Orlando, Florida, USA March 11-15, 2012 (Light Metals 2012), ed. by C.E. Suarez, Hoboken, New Jersey, WILEY A John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012, pp. 207-212. DOI: 10.1002/9781118359259.ch37.
4. Alieva S.B., Alieva G.M., Samedov K.R., Ganbarov D.M. Synthesis and structural chemical examination of faujasite type zeolite and its new structural modification, Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2013, vol. 86, issue 5, pp. 640-643. DOI: 10.1134/S1070427213050042.
5. Adzhiev A.Yu. Otechestvennye tseolity dlya glubokoj osushki gaza pri proizvodstve szhizhennogo prirodnogo gaza [Domestic zeolites for deep drying of gas in the production of liquefied natural gas]. NefteGazoKhimiya [OilGasChemistry], 2015, no. 3, pp. 34-38. (in Russian).
6. Loganina V.I. Vliyanie napolnitelya na osnove gidrosilikatov kal'ciya na processy tverdeniya izvestkovyh kompozitov [Effect of calcium hydrosilicate-based filler on calcareous composites hardening processes]. Vostochno-evropejskij zhurnal peredovyh tekhnologij [Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies], 2012, no. 5, pp. 30-33. (in Russian).
7. Smetanin V.I. Zashchita okruzhayushchej sredy ot otkhodov proizvodstva i potrebleniya [Protection of the environment from production and consumption waste]. Moscow, Kolos Publ., 2000, 232 p. (in Russian).
8. Gladun V.D., Akat'eva L.V., Hol'kin A.I. Sinteticheskie silikaty kal'ciya. [Synthetic calcium silicates]. Moscow, IRISBUK Publ., 2011, 232 p. (in Russian).
9. Shul'ts M.M. Silikaty v prirode i praktike cheloveka [Silicates in nature and human practice]. Sorosovskij obrazovatel'nyj zhurnal, 1997, no. 8, pp. 45-51. (in Russian).
10. Manankov, A.V., Goryuhin E.Ya., Loktyushin A.A. Vollastonitovye, piroksenovye i drugie materialy iz promyshlennykh otkhodov i nedefitsitnogo prirodnogo syr'ya [Wollastonite, pyroxene and other materials from industrial waste and non-deficient natural raw materials]. Tomskij gosudarstvennyj universitet Publ., 2002, P.164.(in Russian).
11. Eryomin N.I. Nemetallicheskie poleznye iskopaemye. [Non-metallic minerals]. Moscow, Moscow State University, Akademkniga Publ., 2007, 464 p. (in Russian).