Studies of the structure and properties of dental crowns made by selective laser melting and according to the technology of casting
D.A. Kravchenko, O.N. Medvedeva
Tver State University
Abstract: In recent times, 3D printing technologies are a young and actively developing production sector for many areas of economy, from aerospace and mechanical engineering to medicine. The obvious advantage of introduction of the additive technologies in medicine and in particular in dentistry is high accuracy in producing complex details, individually designed implants and prostheses for their maximum match with a place of injury or a substituted object, considerable reduction both the product materials and auxiliary materials usage. However, questions arise about the limits of applicability and reliability of the additive technologies with their active introduction. The properties of dental crowns made of nickel-chromium alloy NH-Dent NS vac and cobalt-chromium powder PR-KH28M6 were studied in this research. For the production of samples was used selective laser melting technology, which belongs to a number of additive technologies, and the casting technology in the mold. A comparative analysis of the microstructure of the samples, the surface profile and the Vickers hardness was carried out.
Keywords: additive technologies, medicine, dentistry, selective laser melting technology, selective laser melting, microstructure, surface profile, hardness of samples
- Daria A. Kravchenko – 1st year graduate student, Tver State University
- Olga N. Medvedeva – Ph. D., Docent, General Physics Department, Tver State University
Kravchenko, D.A. Studies of the structure and properties of dental crowns made by selective laser melting and according to the technology of casting / D.A. Kravchenko, O.N. Medvedeva // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2022. — I. 14. — P. 652-661. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2022.14.652. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Yang L., Hsu K, Baughman B., et al. Additive manufacturing of metals: the technology, materials, design and production, Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing. Cham, Springer, 2017, VII, 168 p. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-55128-9.
2. Zhelenko M.A., Popovich A.A., Mutylina I.N. Additivnye tekhnologii v mashinostroenii [Additive technologies in mechanical engineering]. Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg Polytechnical University Publ., 2013, 222 p. (In Russian).
3. Tarasova T.V. Additivnoe proizvodstvo [Additive manufacturing]. Moscow, INFRA-M Publ., 2021, 196 p. (In Russian).
4. Vnuk V.V., Ippolitov E.V. Ispol'zovaniye stereolitograficheskikh modeley pri rekonstruktsii obshirnykh defektov svoda cherepa [Stereolithographic models using for the reconstruction of extensive defects the cranial vault], Proceedings of the IV International Conference «Additive Technologies: Present and Future», Moscow, March, 30, 2018. Moscow, VIAM Publ., 2018, pp. 182-187. (In Russian).
5. Evseev A.V., Ippolitov E.M., Novikov M.M., Cherebylo S.V. Primenenie lazernoj stereolitografii v meditsine [The laser stereolithography applicate in the medicine], Additivnyye tekhnologii [Additive technologies], 2019, no. 2, pp. 56-66. (In Russian).
6. Karpova T. Additivnye tekhnologii v meditsine: vazhnyj dialog [Additive technologies are in the medicine: the important dialogue], Additivnyye tekhnologii [Additive technologies], 2022, no. 1, pp. 20-23. (In Russian).
7. Grinin E., Trubashevskij D. Ispol'zovanie additivnykh tekhnologij v sovremennoj meditsine [Additive technologies using in modern medicine], Umnoye proizvodstvo [Smart manufacturing], 2016, no. 2 (34), pp. 65-68. (In Russian).
8. Additive manufacturing - General principles - Fundamentals and vocabulary. ISO/ASTM 52900:2021. Available at: www.url: https://www.iso.org/standard/74514.html (accessed 10.10.2022).
9. GOST R 57558-2017/ISO/ASTM 52900:2015 Additivnye tekhnologicheskie protsessy. Bazovye printsipy Chast' 1. Terminy i opredeleniya. [Russian State Standard 57558-2017/ISO/ASTM 52900:2015 Additive manufacturing processes. General principles. Part 1. Terminology]. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2018, 16 p. (In Russian).
10. 3DLAM. 3D pechat' metallami v zubotekhnicheskikh laboratoriyakh. [3DLAM. 3D printing with metals in dental laboratories.] Available at: www.url: https://ru.3dlam.com/dental-3d-printing.html (accessed 10.10.2022).
11. Chehovich A. 5 luchshikh primerov primeneniya SLM-tekhnologii v meditsine [SLM technology in medicine using for 5 best examples]. Available at: www.url: https://blog.iqb.ru/slm-healthcare-cases/ (accessed 10.10.2022). (In Russian).
12. «Semejnaya stomatologiya» v Tveri [Tver family dentistry]. Available at:: www.url: http://familiadent.ru. (accessed 27.08.2022).
13. Glazov V.M., Vigdorovich V.N. Mikrotverdost' kristallov [Microhardness of crystals], Moscow, Metallurgizdat Publ., 1962, 224 p. (In Russian).