Promising composite materials based on nanoscale apatite with gelatin as a binding agent
E.A. Bogdanova, V.M. Skachkov
Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Abstract: Nanoscale hydroxyapatite and fluorapatite powders were synthesized by precipitation from solutions. Food gelatin is used as a binder. This composition has a high adhesion on materials of different nature and porosity. Porous films and granules with a developed specific surface area were also obtained. Their microstructures are considered. The possibility of using a colloidal suspension and an aqueous suspension of crystalline apatite in combination with a gelatin solution as a bioactive material, both for creating coatings and obtaining granules, has been studied. It is established that the use of apatite powder together with gelatin can significantly reduce the time of formation of a bioactive coating and significantly increase its adhesive strength. The obtained apatite granules are compared in size depending on the concentration of gelatin in an aqueous solution. Patent applications have been filed for the developed bioactive coatings and granular material based on nanoscale apatite with a binding agent.
Keywords: hydroxyapatite, fluorsubstituted hydroxyapatite, gelatin, collagen, biomaterial, bioactive coatings, adhesion, granules
- Ekaterina A. Bogdanova – Ph. D., Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
- Vladimir M. Skachkov – Ph. D., Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Heterogeneous Processes, Institute of Solid State Chemistry of the Ural Branch of RAS
Bogdanova, E.A. Promising composite materials based on nanoscale apatite with gelatin as a binding agent / E.A. Bogdanova, V.M. Skachkov // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2021. — I. 13. — P. 664-671. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2021.13.664. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Pomogailo A.D., Dzhardimalieva G.I. Metallopolimernye gibridnye nanokompozity [Metal-polymer hybrid nanocomposites]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2015, 494 p. (In Russian).
2. Musskaya O.N., Krut’ko V.K., Kulak A.I. i dr. Trekhmernye modeli na osnove polilaktida i gidroksiapatita [Three-dimensional models based on polylactide and hydroxyapatite], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2019, issue 11, pp. 326-335. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2019.11.326. (In Russian).
3. Musskaya O.N., Krut’ko V.K., Kulak A.I. Sintez fosfatov magniya v polimernoj matritse [Synthesis of magnesium phosphates in a polymeric matrix], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2020, issue 12, pp. 860-867. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.860. (In Russian).
4. Barinov S.M., Komlev V.S. Biokeramika na osnove fosfatov kal'tsiya [Calcium phosphate bioceramics]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2006, 204 p. (In Russian).
5. Tadic D., Epple M. A thorough physicochemical characterisation of 14 calcium phosphate-based bone substitution materials in comparison to natural bone, Biomaterials, 2004, vol. 25, issue 6, pp. 987-994. DOI: 10.1016/S0142-9612(03)00621-5.
6. Bogdanova E.A., Sabirzyanov N.A. Issledovanie termicheskoj ustojchivosti ftorzameshchennogo GAP [Investigation of the thermal stability of fluorine-substituted HAP], Materialovedenie [Materials Science], 2015, no. 1, pp. 52-56. (In Russian).
7. Wei J., Wang J., Shan W. et al. Development of fluorapatite cement for dental enamel defects repair, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 2011, vol. 22, issue 6, pp. P. 1607-1614. DOI: 10.1007/s10856-011- 4327-2.
8. Khan A.S., Aamer S., Chaudhry A.A., Wong F.S.L., Rehman I.U. Synthesis and characterizations of a fluoride- releasing dental restorative material, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2013, vol. 33, issue 6, pp. 3458-3464. DOI: 10.1016/j.msec.2013.04.029.
9. Elghazel A., Taktak R., Elleuch K., Bouaziz J. Mechanical and tribological properties of tricalcium phosphate reinforced withfluorapatite as coating for orthopedic implant, Materials Letters, 2018. vol. 215, pp. 53-57. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2017.12.044.
10. Kazuz A., Radovanović Ž., Veljović Dj. et al. α -Tricalcium phosphate/fluorapatite based composite cements: Synthesis, mechanical properties, and biocompatibility, Ceramics International, 2020, vol. 46, issue 16, part A, pp. 25149-25154. DOI: 10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.06.301.
11. Legkikh A.V. Morfofunktsional'nye osobennosti emali i printsipy preventivnoj terapii patsientov s rannimi proyavleniyami povyshennoj stiraemosti zubov [Morphofunctional features of enamel and principles of preventive therapy in patients with early manifestations of increased tooth erasability], Cand. med. sci. diss. Ekaterinburg, Ural State Medical University Publ., 2018, 151 p. (In Russian).
12. Bogdanova E.A., Skachkov V.М., Medyankina I.S. et al. Formation of nanodimensional structures in precipitated hydroxyapatite by fluorine substitution, SN Applied Sciences, 2020, vol. 2, issue 9, art. no. 1565, 7 p. DOI: 10.1007/s42452-020-03388-5.
13. Sabirzyanov N.A., Bogdanova E.A., Khonina T.G. Sposob polucheniya suspenzii gidroksiapatita [A method of obtaining a suspension of hydroxyapatite]. Patent RF, no. 2406693, 2010. (In Russian).
14. Bogdanova E.A., Sabirzyanov N.A., Skachkov V.M. Sposob polucheniya suspenzii apatita [A method of obtaining a suspension of apatite]. Patent RF, no. 2652193, 2018. (In Russian).
15. Zhelatin. Tekhnicheskie usloviya: GOST 11293-89 [Gelatin. Specifications: State Standard 11293-89]. Moscow, IPK Standartov Publ., 1989. 24 p. (In Russian).
16. Bogdanova E.A., Skachkov V.М. Issledovanie reologicheskikh svojstv gidroksiapatita i ftorapatita, nakhodyashchikhsya v kolloidnom sostoyanii [Investigation of rheological properties of hydroxyapatite and fluorapatite in colloidal state], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2020, issue 12, pp. 525-534. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.525. (In Russian).