Comparative analysis of the properties of sodium niobate and sodium – lithium niobate ceramics
O.V. Malyshkina, K.V. Patsuev, A.I. Ivanova, M. Ali
Tver State University
Abstract: The authors studied the effect of the temperature of sodium niobate synthesis on the state ofpolarization in c eramic samples of pure sodium niobate and modified with lithium. A comparative study of the structure and pyroelectric properties of the obtained samples has been carried out. It is shown that the introduction of lithium as a modifier leads to a significant change in the structure in the depth of ceramic samples based on sodium niobate. If in the depth of the pure sodium niobate samples, as well as on the surface, there are individual grains, then the central part of the sodium niobate- lithium niobate ceramics is a continuous mass in which individual grains are not observed. In all samples, except for pure sodium niobate, which was synthesized by double synthesis (the first at 650 °C, the second at 700 °C), the existence of a polarization gradient along the thickness of the samples was established. The gradient is directed from the side corresponding to the positive end of the polarization vector to the side corresponding to the negative end of the polarization vector.
Keywords: piezoelectric ceramics, lead-free materials, pyroelectric effect, spontaneous polarization, grain structure
- Olga V. Malyshkina – Dr. Sc., Full Professor, Head of the Department of Dissertation Councils and Doctorate Studies, Scientific Research Department, Tver State University
- Kirill V. Patsuev – 2nd year postgraduate student, Tver State University
- Alexandra I. Ivanova – Ph. D., Docent, Applied Physic Department, Tver State University
- Mais . Ali – 3rd year postgraduate student, Tver State University
Malyshkina, O.V. Comparative analysis of the properties of sodium niobate and sodium – lithium niobate ceramics / O.V. Malyshkina, K.V. Patsuev, A.I. Ivanova, M.. Ali // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. – Tver: TSU, 2021. — I. 13. — P. 278-285. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2021.13.278. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file
1. Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 2003 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic, Official Journal of the European Union L 37, 2003, vol. 46, pp. 19-23.
2. Rödel, J., Webber K.G., Dittmer R. et al. Transferring lead-free piezoelectric ceramics into application, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 2015, vol. 35, issue 6, pp. 1659-1681. DOI:10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2014.12.013.
3. Reznichenko L.A., Verbenko I.A Bessvintsovoe segnetop'ezomaterialovedenie: retrospektiva – sovremennost' – prognozy [Lead-free ferroelectric materials science: retrospective – modernity – forecasts], Innovatika i ehkspertiza [Innovatics and Expert Examination], 2013, issue 1 (10), pp. 227-236. (In Russian).
4 Malič B., Benčan A., Rojac T., Kosec M. Lead-free piezoelectrics based on alkaline niobates: synthesis, sintering and microstructure, Acta Chimica Slovenica, 2008, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 719-726.
5. Ivanenko V.I, Lokshin E.P., Gromov O.G., Kalinnikov V.T. Sintez segnetoelektricheskikh i lyuminestsentnykh slozhnykh oksidov redkikh elementov [Synthesis of ferroelectric and luminescent complex oxides of rare elements]. Apatity: Kola Science Center of RAS Publ., 2009, 153 p. (In Russian).
6. Wu J., Xiao D., Zhu J. Potassium-sodium niobate lead-free piezoelectric materials: past, present, and future of phase boundaries, Chemical Reviews, 2015, vol. 115, issue 7, pp. 2559-2595. DOI: 10.1021/cr5006809.
7. Megaw H.D. The seven phases of sodium niobate, Ferroelectrics, 1974, vol. 7, issue l, pp. 87-89. DOI: 10.1080/00150197408237956.
8. Malyshkina O.V., Ali M., Barabanova E.V., Ivanova A.I. Effect of preparation conditions on the grains formation and domain structure of the sodium niobate ceramics, Ferroelectrics, 2020, vol. 567, issue 1, pp. 197-205. DOI: 10.1080/00150193.2020.1791606.
9. Malyshkina O.V., Ivanova A.I., Patsuev K.V. Vliyanie temperatury sinteza na strukturu keramiki niobata natriya – litiya [Effect of the synthesis temperature on the structure of sodium-lithium niobate ceramics], Fiziko-khimicheskie aspekty izucheniya klasterov, nanostruktur i nanomaterialov [Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials], 2020, issue 12, pp. 644-651. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.644. (In Russian).
10. Golovnin V.А., Kaplunov I.А., Ped'ko B.B., Malyshkina O.V., Movchikova А.А. Fizicheskie osnovy, metody issledovaniya i prakticheskoe primenenie p'ezomaterialov [Physical foundations, research methods and practical application of piezomaterials]. – Moscow, TEKHNOSFERА Publ., 2013. – 272 p. (In Russian).