Influence of the aromatic polymeric matrix type on stability of nanosized palladium catalysts in Suzuki reaction
E.S. Bakhvalova1, L.Zh. Nikoshvili2, A.V. Bykov2, A.I. Sidorov2, L.L. Kiwi-Minsker1
1 Tver State University
2 Tver State Technical University
Abstract: This work is devoted to the study of the influence of the type of polymeric matrix of hyper-crosslinked polystyrene on activity and stability of palladium catalysts of Suzuki cross-coupling. The use of the hyper-crosslinked polystyrene functionalized with tertiary amino groups was shown to be promising in terms of ensuring of the catalyst stability during recycles, but in order to achieve 100% conversion of aryl halide (4-bromanisole) the use of strong excess of phenylboronic acid and of a base is required. The catalyst based on non-functionalized hyper-crosslinked polystyrene had higher activity and allowed achieving complete conversion of 4-bromanisole during the reaction under mild conditions (70°C, ethanol and water mixture is in the ratio of 5:1 as a solvent) while using 1,5-fold excess of phenylboronic acid. However, strong adsorption of the cross-coupling product in a hydrophobic polymeric matrix was found to be a disadvantage of such a system.
Keywords: Suzuki cross-coupling, palladium, catalyst, nanoparticles, hyper-crosslinked polystyrene
- Elena S. Bakhvalova – postgraduate student, Regional Technological Centre, Tver State University
- Linda Zh. Nikoshvili – Ph. D., Docent of the Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Standardization, Tver State Technical University
- Alexey V. Bykov – Ph. D., Docent of the Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Standardization, Tver State Technical University
- Alexander I. Sidorov – Ph. D., Professor of the Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Standardization, Tver State Technical University
- Lioubov L. Kiwi-Minsker – Dr. Sc., Professor, Tver State University
Bakhvalova, E.S. Influence of the aromatic polymeric matrix type on stability of nanosized palladium catalysts in Suzuki reaction / E.S. Bakhvalova, L.Zh. Nikoshvili, A.V. Bykov, A.I. Sidorov, L.L. Kiwi-Minsker // Physical and chemical aspects of the study of clusters, nanostructures and nanomaterials. — 2020. — I. 12. — P. 775-783. DOI: 10.26456/pcascnn/2020.12.775. (In Russian).
Full article (in Russian): download PDF file⇐ Prevoius journal article | Content | Next journal article ⇒